Monday, February 4, 2013

February is FLIRTY : D

Ok - the NEW idea book is out and we are finishing up with our last kit from the fall/winter book, Flirty.
Please bring the following this month to class:
Flirty WOTG kit (paper packet, etc)
Fiskars Euro Trimmer
Scissors
Adhesive
Liquid Glass (for gluing the chipboard on the page)
corner rounder
Alphabet Stamp set (they used the Hero set - I didn't have that so I used the Friendship Alphabet)


INKS:
Goldrush
Cocoa

BLOCKS:
1 x 3 1/2
2 x 2
2 x 6 1/2

PHOTOS:
Brochure layout:
(7x) 3 x 3's

Studio J layout:
8 1/2 x 8 1/2
(2x) 4x6 PORTRAIT
(3x) 3x3

I created the brochure layout pretty much as seen except for the change of the leaves on the bottom left page - I opted to NOT add those OR the fall days chipboard on the right side - I will probably add something else there later.  If you save the scraps from the zip strip that you use on this layout (you'll have a small piece and one just slightly larger - you can use those on the studio j layout.



I did NOT like the gold on the bonus layout so I opted to create the Studio J layout instead - You will need the following to create this layout:



 
Since I didn't like the gold paper - I opted to build my studio J layouts on that cardstock provided in the kit (since it's not in any other kit and would be wasted).

Green B&T 6 x 12 piece
Gold B&T 1 3/4 x 11 (with pendant ends cut)
Colonial White 2 x 12 (plus a piece for the title - which I would cut in CCR)
To get the pieces you need for the rest - read the following carefully so you don't cut a piece you need in half / :
Raspberry B&T 10x10 piece & 10x12 piece **keep in mind the back of this will give you the tan rose B&T used as well.
Tan rose B&T  3/4 x 4, 1 1/4 x 4, 3/4 x 12, 1 1/4 x 12 **back is the raspberry B&T
NOW - if you cut the 10x12 piece of the raspberry B&T you will have a 2 x 12 piece left that you can cut the 3/4 x 12 & the 1 1/4 x 12 piece from
That leaves you the 3/4 x 4 & the 3/4 x 12 to cut off the other sheet once you've cut your 10x10 from it.

They show a 9x9 photo on the left page - so since my photo was 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 - I cut a mat of colonial white at a 9x9 and place it behind my photo - that gives me the same lines going across to the 2nd page.

They used random buttons - we don't sell raspberry colored buttons so I used green ones with some of the floss added for a stitched look.  I used liquid glass to adhere my buttons as well.

CARDS
I made 2 cards - since I used my chipboard flowers on my page I opted to use liquid glass on the B&T paper to create my own flower accent - was super easy to do - just takes a little time to dry and then cut it out.
2 x 8 1/2 tan rose B&T
1 x 8 1/2 Goldrush B&T
1/2 x 8 1/2 zip strip
3/4 x 8 1/2 new england ivy cardstock - use the corner rounder to make a scallop edge or you could cut one on the cricut.
2 1/4 x 3 goldrush cardstock
1 3/4 x 3 new england ivy carstock
1 3/4 x 2 3/4 colonial white cardstock






2  x 12 of goldrush B&T you will use a 2 x 8 1/2 and then the left over you can match up the pattern for the flap of the card so that the pattern just continues across the card front.
1 x 12 Orange B&T - again a 1x 8 1/2 then use the left over for the card front & matching the pattern
3/4 x 3 5/8 Raspberry B&T - add the zip strip to that
3/4 x 3 5/8 goldrush cardstock - use the corner rounder to make a scallop edge (or a cricut cut)
2 1/2 x 4 colonial white
add sentiments as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment