Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pear & Partridge Cards ( :

Okay so October is the month for me to get my Christmas cards made - you all know that if you wait to do anything until November it just isn't going to get done right?!  So - if you too are making the cards this month then this is for you ( :

Supplies needed:
Pear & Partridge card kit
3-D foam
Cranberry Ink
Cocoa Ink
Sponge
colonial white card/envelopes
ribbon
sparkles



**I needed to make MORE cards than what the kit will alot for - so I changed the cutting slightly - used left over paper from the scrapbook kit and left over cardstock scraps from the advent calendar.  I swapped out ribbon - I did use what came in the kit but when I ran out I grabbed the pack of Cocoa Ribbon and made it work by swapping out cardstock colors and by "coloring" the white stitching on one of the ribbons ( just simply sponge champagne or cashmere ink on the white thread to make it creamy).  I was able to make a ton of cards by just thinking outside the box - so can you ( :

Card 1:
You will stamp the "words" of your choice in second generation on the card base - I did them brick style - meaning I tried to not line up the beginning of the word on each row - but staggered them so that there was no pattern - look at the example in the brochure for a visual on this until I get a photo posted.

I opted to swap out the red cardstock for Cocoa cardstock on this card so piece 1A will still be 4 x 2 1/2 but in cocoa not cranberry.
I also swapped out the olive cardstock piece for a B&T pattern - so piece 1B is 1 1/4 x 4 1/4 but cut out of the striped B&T (short stripes NOT long)
I used the ribbon that came in this kit for this card and sparkles

Card 2:
I made this card as shown BUT I swapped out the B&T papers cause I ran out the the pear & partridge paper - so I opted to use another B&T in it's place - the olive tree & partridge paper.  I used the ribbon that came in the kit for this card as well.
NOTE:  You can stretch your cocoa cardstock "base" area farther if you want by cutting the pieces down.  The brochure calls for a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece (2A) of cocoa - that everything is built on - but you are then putting that onto a card base - so you could just cut a 1/2" x 5 1/2 cocoa piece & 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 cocoa piece.  You will still have the cranberry piece (2B) that will help cover the card base.

This card has the cute flag with the words "a merry little" in cranberry - I found it was easiest to just stamp this on scrap cardstock and THEN cut it to fit the area I needed it to sit on.

Card 3:
This is the card I made the biggest changes to cause it used the most B&T.  I used the pear & partridge pattern instead of the olive B&T side that is shown on this card in the brochure.  I also cut that background piece down so that I could get more cards out of it.

So - piece 3A which was to be 4 x 5 1/4 was not cut - instead I cut a piece 2 x 4 & 1/2 x 4 and then of course you will still have the 3B piece (cranberry cardstock) that will fit in between those patterned pieces.

I didn't have enough ribbon from the kit to make my oodles of cards to I used the cocoa ribbon here which meant I needed to swap out the cocoa cardstock piece (3C) with something else - so I opted to put Olive cardstock there instead.

ALL of these cards have been sponged in cocoa ink - which I think is super nice.

I still have some B&T papers left that I could make a few more cards with - but I was able to with these cutting adjustments make about 60 cards using the kit, the scraps from the scrapbook kit & leftover cardstock from that advent calendar kit - and adding in some extra card bases/envelopes, a pack of cocoa ribbon & red sparkles.  Clear sparkles would also be a great option.

No comments:

Post a Comment