Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This month is Fanfare!

This month we will be working with the Fanfare workshops on the go kit. For class you will need the following items:
Fanfare kit (paper packet, stamp set, brochure & embellishments)
fiskars paper trimmer
adhesive
scissors
glue dots
Scalloped punch (called for on the layout if followed as in brochure)
3-D foam (if desired)
bitty sparkles (if desired)
white cards & envelopes (if making cards)

Inks:
Pacifica
Cranberry

Photos:
layout 1: 6x5 PORTRAIT, 4 - 4x5 LANDSCAPE
layout 2: 5x7 PORTRAIT, 4 - 3x4 LANDSCAPE (or you can do 2 L and 2 P)

I have made a few modifications to this kit so take note of the following:


main layout: I used the FRONT of the main B&T paper instead of the all blue back - also added a paper inside the 2 white photo blocks on the right side - cut the measurements the same as for pieces I & K.  I used the blue sponged looking B&T there and also cut a mat for the main photo on the left side of the page.


I used the NEW Trinity Alphabet for the title - LOVE this set! It's a MUST HAVE for sure!!  Stamped the title using the kissing technique.  I inked the letter in Pacifica ink, stamped it off 2x so that I now have a 3rd generation ink left on the image - next I took the star pattern from the July stamp of the month and inked it with Pacifica ink - then I kissed that letter (which has the 3rd generation ink on it) onto the star - and then stamped my project.  It's a great effect don't you think?


second layout (Magic: Charmed pg 80):





Again I swapped the papers out on piece C & H and used the striped B&T there.  I also wanted to carry over that dark pattern from the first layout so I used that B&T paper for pieces D & E.




The cute foam #4 is from the animal cookies foam number set (which I know many of you have - those work great with this kit!).





CARDS:


here's where I made some changes:
I chose to use some of the B&T papers instead of the cardstock for the background pieces - I love the way it just adds to the card!   Add 3-D foam and sparkles for a little bling as well : )  Changing out the sentiment is also easy to do with these - I think this paper is great for making kids birthday cards!


The bonus cards are a 3x6 size - so I opted to make them as a traditional card size instead so I could utilize the card bases & envelopes we sell.  It was easy to do!  I looked up the card pattern in the Wishes book (pg81) and noted that piece A was 2" wide - so instead of cutting it to the 2x3 called for (for that pattern in the book) I just increased it to fit the standard card size 2x4 1/4.  Piece B was then cut to be 4 x 2 1/4 and piece C was cut to 3 3/4 x 2 1/2.  Now I truly didn't need to cut down these card measurements as they would have fit the card but I wanted to allow some of my patterned paper to show so I chose to reduce the size called for in the pattern by 1/2"




Making a few minor adjustments to a pattern is easy to do and it allows you to customize your cards or layouts to suit your needs.







1 comment:

  1. I love when you post pics of what you're making. Your crafts are always so awesome.

    Email me sometime, or something, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete