Monday, September 14, 2009

let's start at the very beginning...

A very good place to start...okay enough sound of music let's get bloggin'!

Ever have a dilemma that you don't know quite how to solve and all of a sudden it's like the windows of heaven open up and plop down the way for it to all work out? Well, that's how I'm going to begin my "catch-up" for the lost blogging time.

You see back in May I was thinking to myself...Self, how are you going to earn the points for the New Zealand trip you need to earn this summer when typically summer sales are never as high since most of the clubs stop running during the summer? While I was fretting over how to do this - the wind blew my way the "Deal-A-Day" celebration from Close to my Heart - it was the answer to my dilemma - the answer to my prayers! Here was a way that I could earn those extra points that I would need to earn!

Can I just tell you what a weight that took off my shoulders? I was truly loosing sleep each night trying to figure out what else I could possibly do to earn those points, and along came the deal and it was just relief.

Can I ever express how thankful I am for my dear clients who supported me during that month? And yes, while I know they took advantage of some amazing deals, it was truly their way as well of helping me achieve what I had set to achieve for myself.

Now, isn't it interesting how the Lord blesses your life when you least expect it? You can be going about your own business, striving to do what is right, and BAM! a blessing comes your way. It may not be a big thing either, in fact sometimes it might even go unnoticed until much later when you look back and see how your life has been blessed by X happening.

Well, something like that happened to me - in fact at the time I was excited about the whole Deal-A-Day and gave the "credit" to CTMH. But truly the credit should go someplace else.

Do you remember a few posts ago when I mentioned sharing something that I prize dearly with a friend of mine? It was a gift - a gift that would change her life for the better, a gift that if she would receive it, if she would let her heart open up to accept it - she would forever be changed. It was during this time that I was worrying, this time that the "Deal-A-Day" thing came about that I was actually spending several hours of every week going back and forth to my dear friends house while she took the missionary discussions. She was baptized in July, it was a sweet experience that I will not forget.

I'm here to clear the slate lest I seem ungrateful to the true giver of the gift. I can honestly say that I KNOW that this was a blessing given to me. Some of you are shaking your head - thinking Kim's a wack job - but it's true (not that I'm a wack job that is). I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. That there is no such thing as things happening by "coincidence" in life. I truly believe that we are positioned in life that we can meet up with people we were destined to meet, destined to become friends with, destined to reach out to. Have you ever found that you're life has crossed paths with someone else several times before you actually met them? I know this has happened to me on several occasions. I was meant to meet this dear friend. We were meant to have this wonderful experience together and because of this experience I know that I was directly blessed with what I was in need of during that time frame. You may see it differently but I will stand firm on the ground that it was a blessing.

Can I just say how thankful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me? Who loves me? Who blesses my life with the things I am in need of. Sometimes it's a temporal blessing, sometimes it's something oh so much more valuable than something temporal. But nonetheless He blesses me. More importantly, I KNOW that He blesses you too! You may need to take a step back, and analyze your footsteps, but I'm sure if you do this that you will find His footsteps along your path much of the way.

That to me is a very good place to start...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. I haven't checked it since our chat on FB. But, I wanted you to know that I agree whole heartedly with you. And it made me stop and think about my blessings recently, so thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete