Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm full of it...

We have a day once a year that we've set aside to give "thanks", but do we really have to wait until that time of year to recognize all the wonderful blessings we have in our lives? My soul is bursting with gratitude this morning and I hope you will indulge me as I share just a few of the things that I am so thankful for with you, and if you have things that you are thankful for maybe your heart will begin to burst too!

Strong Faith... I absolutely know that it is the foundation of who I am and it gives me the legs to walk through this life of trials and yet stand strong through it all. I absolutely love the saying "enjoy to the end" and I truly believe that by living gospel principles we are able to do just that. It brings everything into focus and gives direction to our lives. For this I am thankful. What a blessing it is to know WHO I am, WHERE I came from, and WHERE I am going. What the PURPOSE of life is and how to find true HAPPINESS. Why wouldn't one want to know these things? AND more importantly, when you KNOW them, why wouldn't you want to share it?

Family...need I say more? Our families buoy us through the storm and make life worth living. How truly thankful I am for my family. What a wonderful blessing my husband and children are to me. Loving someone changes your life. Life no longer is about you - it's about them. I don't know what I did to deserve them, I am truly honored to have them in my life.

Friends....I can't leave out my friends. These dear people who stand beside me and hold my hand through life. Who love me in spite of me. Who add the hot fudge and roasted almonds to my pistachio flavor which I exhibit. What would my life be like without them in it? Truly empty! Thank you my friends. Thank you for loving me, for laughing with me, and for giving me a shoulder to cry on when I need it.

Sharing is another thing I am thankful for...have you ever had something that has meant so much to you and you just want to share it with everyone so that others can have what you have? Some will nod their heads in a yes and others may feel more greedy and want to keep their "prize" to themselves. BUT truly, when you share something that you love with another, magic happens. It's that gift that warms your heart as you bring joy into the life of someone else. I've had this type of opportunity recently, I've had the opportunity to share something very dear to my heart with a wonderful friend. Sharing this has brought me great joy! Knowing that if she accepts this gift it will change her life FOREVER is something that cannot be expressed in words alone.

Close To My Heart...Who would have thunk it? Who would have guessed that it would have brought me so many great blessings? I joined CTMH just to get a discount and NEVER imagined that it would bring into my life so much much more. Being a consultant has obviously had it's monetary rewards for my family, including the wonderful trips we've been able to attend. But it's so much more than that. It has brought many wonderful people into my life, people who have become dear friends. We have shared many precious moments together as we've discussed their families, their hopes & dreams and sometimes their beliefs. Close To My Heart is a "feel good" business and it's a family that is warm and welcoming. May sound funny to some of you, but until you have experienced it you will never know. It truly is more than just stamps!

My list could go on and on...and I hope yours does too. Yes, I realize it's not Thanksgiving today, yet my heart is full of it today, full of gratitude that is, is yours?

3 comments:

  1. We do indeed have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I hope your friend accepts your gift. I too have had that feeling that I want so much to hand over what I know to everyone just so they could feel the way I do. I love you Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany! I appreciate your kindness & friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sista! Seriously though, thank you for sharing. Helps me remember again, all there is to be grateful for. So grateful for your friendship. I love pistachio. :)

    ReplyDelete