Monday, March 23, 2009

Keeping the memories alive...

We all take pictures so that we will "remember" those special times in our lives that we hope to never forget, but oft times those precious moments get stuck in a drawer or in a box up on a shelf in the closet. They are tucked away neatly in an envelope, with the promise to someday look at them again. How sad is that?

While we don't need to scrapbook every photo we ever take - we should scrapbook the photos that speak to our hearts. You know the ones I'm talking about, they are the photos that bring a smile to your face, or a tear to your eye, and bring you right back to that moment that you had originally taken that photo.

This past fall we had the opportunity to take a trip to Europe as a family. It was an amazing trip that I was able to earn as a consultant for Close To My Heart and because of my fabulous clients & friends. It is a trip that we will not soon forget or at least that's what it feels like now. But I know deep down that in order for us to keep these memories fresh and alive I must scrapbook some of those wonderful moments.

We were fortunate enough to be able to spend a few days in London, we'd specifically taken our family there so that we could visit the London LDS Temple while there. This trek to the temple touched our hearts and set the tone for what would become an amazing trip to be treasured forever. If I haven't already shared the details with you - ask me sometime!

I've recently created a little acrylic album of our trip to Europe that I'm really excited to share with you. I absolutely LOVE these little albums and thoroughly enjoyed creating it. I will be featuring this as a workshop the end of April, if you would like to come - check out my website: stampnscrapkim.myctmh.com and look under the calendar for the month of April for details.



This was taken in Ville'franche - what an cute little town - I could LIVE there for sure!


This is London - the train became our best friend & the temple was so beautiful!





This area features some of the ports we went to like Malta, Rome, Florence and of course Ville'franche!


Not sure if you can see this - but there is a half page in there that I've attached the journaling to - you can then view the photo from behind since it's acrylic.


There is a half circle page here....



and then another half page overlay that I've added journaling to...







While it is not meant to "house" all my memories of this once in a life time trip - it spotlights our adventure and will make a fun little table book to keep those memories alive for years to come.

What special memories do you need to preserve and what are you doing to keep them alive?

5 comments:

  1. You just reminded me that I need to print out some of the pictures I've taken on the digital camera since 2005.

    It just occurred to me the other day that I don't think I have many pictures of Scott when he was really young. There's a period of about 2 years where photos are almost non-existent. Of any of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Love Barry's shirts and toy:)
    I just tagged you on my blog...come check it out...can't wait to see your results:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thanks...I had fun making the memo board on Friday. I just wish I hadn't needed to rush off, but it was a good thing I left when I did...T's teacher had totally planned an activity assuming (correctly, since I forgot to tell her otherwise) that I'd be there to help. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you came too Anna Lisa! It was fun! Hope you enjoy your board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - a tag Jenny? yikes - I haven't been on here in so long - does it still count?

    ReplyDelete