Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's in our very nature....

Why do we create? What is it that makes us look for "creative outlooks"? This is something that I've pondered many times in my life. I know some will say "I'm not creative" and to that I say BONK! I KNOW deep down that EVERYONE can create - it's just a matter of developing that talent - a talent that we as women all share. But WHY do we have this urge to create? What is it that gives us such satisfaction when we do create something?

While visiting a blog that I follow recently, I found the following video clip. It had been posted on YouTube as well, and has been made from a talk that was recently given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. While I do not wish to use this space to preach about my religion - it goes without saying that my religion is very much a big part of who I am, and I would be remiss if I did not share this with you now as I feel it answers the questions that I have posed above. Take a second to watch it...



The post that I follow listed the following words - I want you to THINK about these words for a moment next time you think you are not creative:

Improve
Beautify Extend
Smile
Cultivate Develop
Create

It's true, we can't help but create, it's in our very nature, it's who we are, it's what defines us.....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that video. It opened my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, people who say that they aren't creative- BONK! I think we just have to find our medium. For me, I always thought I wasn't creative because I didn't like to scrapbook, and stamp and do all that kind of stuff that my mom, and other moms, did. But I found that I love to paint, and I'm not too bad with a sewing machine. And I love to bake and decorate cakes. I think it's just taking that leap and trying something new, to see if we love it. That's all that matters, if we get that feeling after we've made something of "yes, I made this, I AM AWESOME." That's why I create- the satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite talks EVER.

    ReplyDelete